About Me

Words to describe me include: fun-loving, kind, caring, outgoing and up for a new adventure. Some of my interests in a nutshell, gardening, crafts, cooking, the outdoors, camping, hiking, photography, and creating positive relationships.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

First TIme

Today is my first day as a blogger.
Here are my hopes and goals of this blog:

  • Share the stories in my life. I love a new adventure. I always have very strange things happen to me. I am accident prone.
  • My stories as a weight watcher member.
  • I love to cook. I want to share my adventures in the kitchen. I will rate and review recipies I have tried.
  • I will rate and review resturants I have tried.
  • I teach middle school FACS (Family Consumer Science), it grew out of Home Economics. Always an adventure in the classroom.
  • I also have a 6 month old puppy. His name is Skippy, he is a Cavapoo. This is a mix of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Poodle.
  • I am not a writer.

I hope you will find enjoyment in my stories I share.

My new "concoction" I want to try in the kitchen is potato pizza! I've had it before at the Green Mill and at the Minnesota State Fair. Both have been very good. I plan on making the crust from scratch via Betty Crocker. I will make a white sauce from Homemade Gourmet. I plan on cooking the potatoes then cutting them up and putting them on the pizza.

My boyfriend Steve is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. So I plan on browning a quarter pound of sausage with some garlic. We love garlic. I will put Italian sausage, bacon bits, mozzarella cheese, some cheddar cheese, onion and potatoes on the pizza. I am not sure of the seasonings I want to add yet. When I had it at the State Fair, it was dill, they also had rosemary. I will have to do some research on this still. Steve is very hesitant, he told me he doesn't like "exotic" pizza's. I think the combination of white sauce and potatoes on a pizza makes him nervous.

I am certain when I make this he will love it! I often make things, and surprise him. He doesn't have a sense of smell so he can be in the other room and have no idea what I am making! When ever it comes fresh out of the oven he is always happy.

I will update when I actually create this pizza!

As for breakfast tomorrow I am either going to make blueberry stuffed cream cheese french toast or carmel rolls from scratch. Yet TBD.

All for now! Good night :-)

Comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment